Products to Consider for Your New Kitten
Updated: 2 days ago
We are in the process of creating this post... stay tuned. We have listed some of our recommendations below.
Here we list a variety of products we recommend getting for your new kitten and links to them. Please use our links when purchasing these products, we will get a small percentage when you purchase using these links for recommending the products we love, which we will use to purchase more of these products for our animals as well as try new products in hopes of finding more great products to be able to recommend to you! Please and thank you!
Foods/Snacks for Kittens/Cats
- Purina Proplan Focus Ocean Whitefish and Tuna Flaked
This is the kitten food we start our kittens on. We offer cooked chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, and a variety of other treats as snacks. If opting to go with another high protein food for your kitten, you will want to transition slowly. Start by mixing in a small amount of the new food, adding more and more daily over the course of 2 weeks. Link below to order.
Amazon Link - https://amzn.to/3CEEFTd
- Stella and Chewy's Dinner Morsels
We LOVE Stella and Chewy's products, they have freeze dried raw food/snacks for both dogs and cats and our animals have always appreciated and enjoyed their products!
Duck Duck Goose - https://amzn.to/3CCPy7S
Chick Chick Chicken - https://amzn.to/3FEC3Xp
Salmon and Chicken - https://amzn.to/3Cx5U1S
Recommended Litter Boxes
- The Litter Robot Connect 3
I had been contemplating getting one of these for a long time and finally went for it. I ended up buying a second one less than a month later. These are so amazing, they clean after every use. You literally just pull out the bottom tray, toss the bag away, and put in a new bag. 13 gallon trash bags work. For me, it is well worth the price!
Litter Robot - https://www.talkable.com/x/kr51sQ
Trashbags to refill - https://amzn.to/3kYtkaC
- Budget Friendly Options for a Litter Box
We understand that not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars for the convenience of a Litter Robot, although, I HIGHLY recommend it as litter box scooping is one of my least favorite chores, and it cleans it after EVERY use, which leaves your home smelling clean! If you are opting to go the "human cat slave" route, lol, I recommend a high top litter box for a Savannah kitten, and once they get a little older, you may want to use a medium sized storage tote and cut a hole at the top for them to get through.
Amazon Link - https://amzn.to/3qVcUDs
- Carpet Tiles and Wet/Dry Vaccum
Whether you decide on a Litter Robot or a typical litter box, I recommend putting these carpet tiles under and around your litter box and investing in a Wet/Dry Vac to clean litter off of them. I use these exact tiles and they have worked great at catching litter from paws so litter doesn't smear all over the floor.
Carpet Tiles - https://amzn.to/3CCYAli
Wet/Dry Vac - https://amzn.to/3qXSwSo
- Cat trees allow kittens to climb, play, scratch, and sleep in a spot they feel secure and comfortable in. You can add a small cat bed inside. This cat tree works well for kittens, a full grown Savannah will need something larger and more sturdy. This is a great start when bringing your new kitten home.
53" Cat Tree - https://amzn.to/3nCXdz1
- We currently have 2 of these cat wheels in our home for our cats, our kittens LOVE having a cat wheel. Savannahs are an active breed and this is a great way for them to get the exercise they need to burn some energy. I recommend cat wheels to everyone, but ESPECIALLY for a family living in a small home or apartment.
Cat Wheel - https://amzn.to/3cBEhdo