Artemis Savannah Cats
How much is a Savannah Cat?
Updated: Dec 13, 2020
A quality Savannah cat can range from $2000 - $25,000 depending on their generation, gender, and overall quality. They are by no means an inexpensive breed, but they are well worth their price. When you purchase from a quality breeder, you are supporting the constant improvement of the breed. Please do your research prior to purchasing your Savannah kitten. Please note that owning a Savannah cat is a commitment for the life of your kitty, please be sure you are ready to commit mentally and financially to your new loved one prior to purchasing.
Please be aware that you will incur expenses other than the initial purchase price while owning a Savannah Cat, such as but not limited to: Veterinary costs, food, toys, cat litter, a scoop, litter box, bowls, bed, scratching post, cat tree, grooming tools, a pet carrier, ect. You may want to consider investing in a cat wheel, especially if you live in an apartment, as Savannahs are an active breed, and will benefit from plenty of exercise. Building an outdoor catio, is another thing to consider, so that your kitty can enjoy the great outdoors without disappearing or disturbing the wildlife. If you choose to feed raw, that will not only add to the expense, but will also consume more of your time, however feeding raw or lightly cooked meats has many benefits for your kitten as long as you're feeding a balanced diet. You should always ask your breeder to recommend the best ways to prepare for the transition of your kitten into your home. You want the transition to be as smooth as possible so that your kitten can get acclimated to your home and family as quick as possible.
Detailed Savannah Cat Pricing Guide
*** Savannah cat price's are based on many factors and are subject to change.
*NOTE: Some early generation females are not fertile.
F1 Savannah Cat Price
* Male Pet Price: $15,000 - $18,000
* Male Breeder Price: NOT AVAILABLE (F1 Males are STERILE)
* Female Pet Price: $15,000 - $18,000
* Female Breeder Price: $16,000 - $20,000
*** F1's are difficult to produce as one parent is an African Serval, and the other is a domestic cat. There is a very low success rate with these pairings, and a breeder can endure great loss attempting to produce F1's. They are known to produce small litters, if any.
F2 Savannah Cat Price
* Male Pet Price: $7,500 - $8,500
* Male Breeder Price: NOT AVAILABLE (F2 Males are STERILE)
* Female Pet Price: $7500 - $8,500
* Female Breeder Price: $9,500 - $12,000
*** F2's are difficult to produce as the male is much smaller (males are STERILE until the F5 generation), and many males wont breed an F1 female. Producing F2's is also very expensive as the breeder must obtain costly F1's to do so, and they more often than not have small litters.
F3 Savannah Cat Price
* Male Pet Price: $4,500 - $5,500
* Male Breeder Price: NOT AVAILABLE (F3 Males are STERILE)
* Female Pet Price: $4,500 - $5,500
* Female Breeder Price: $5,500 - $6,500
SBT Savannah Cats F4 - F8 Savannah Cat Price
* Male Pet Price: $2,500 - $4,500
* Male Breeder Price: $5,000 - $7,500 (Only F6-F8 as F4-F5 may be sterile)
* Female Pet Price: $2,500 - $4,500
* Female Breeder Price: $4,500 - $5,500